Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Does my PC enjoy AGP or PCI slot for graphics card?

How do I know if my PC have a PCI or AGP slot?? I currently have a ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card, but I'm not a PC wiz so I don't know how to check what my PC have so I can upgrade properly. Need a new card for Flight Simulator X. Any planning for a card if possible too?

Does my PC enjoy AGP or PCI slot for graphics card?

It should be AGP card.

The slot that allow you to plug the card surrounded by, is brown color and it has simply 1 slot in the motherboard and it other the first slot.

PCI slot is beige within color in the motherboard and elder video card (Pentium1 era) can plug to these slot.

AGP support only video card but PCI support video card (you just about see it nowdays), network card, nouns card, modem card,raid card to pet name a few.
You need to know what motherboard you enjoy.Or look up the make and model on the pattern.Then check the specs.
well freshly that doesnt help because they made the card for AGP and one for PCI... if u overt up your system you will be able to relate, where your video card is, if it plugs into a brown port on your MB its AGP, if its white, its PCI.
Take the cover past its sell-by date your PC. Look in the nouns where your modem or see card is plugged in. White sockets are PCI, and a single Brown socket, slightly smaller is AGP. A black socket close by the bottom is ISA, but that hasn't been used for rather a while.
housesforsalebyowner amos

No comments:

Post a Comment