Friday, September 17, 2010

Does anyone know of a conflict beside Windows XP and Belkin wireless router.?

I'm using XP on a desktop workstation, connecting to internet via a Belkin F507230-4 router & Belkin F5D7050 wireless G USB adapter and I'm only competent to achieve 11mbps

I own used this same setup with Windows me on this gadget and had no problems.

I'm also using XP on my laptop and enjoy no difficulty achieving 54mbps via like router.

Does anyone know of a conflict beside Windows XP and Belkin wireless router.?

It could be that your desktop PC is further away from your router than your laptop or there could be some other electrical equipment 'weakening' your wireless signal which surrounded by turn will reduce the possible download speed of your set-up.



Also worth checking is that you do not hold 2 wireless configuration managers running - ie. Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (service) and Belkin Wireless Configuration Manager, as they may ably clash resulting in a evasion speed being auto applied.

If so try disabling Windows WZC. within Services.

Best of luck.
My advise.. return the Router. Windows and Belkin within General leave alot to be desired. Get any a Netgear or a D-Link.. They're alot better to work with.
I'm using this exact setup and it's working excellantly. It is currently runing at 54M/bits sec ( as prescribed), so it CAN work, conceivably theres something else thats the problem. Sorry no further ideas.
nursing home listings

No comments:

Post a Comment